Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sorry so long

A friend recently asked me what my opinions of McCain were. She had read some of my posts regarding my feelings about Obama. I have made those very known with what little bit of a loud voice that I have. However, my feeling about McCain and Palin, I have yet to share. The truth is, I feel that sharing my feelings on McCain and Palin is a much tougher thing to do. This being said, I can still see the importance of trying to clearly state how I feel about this candidate.
To do this, I feel that it is first important for me to state who I am.
I am a Christian
I am Caucasian
I am the son of an Arabic immigrant, and refugee
I am a public educator
I am not middle class, or upper class (see public educator)
I am a college graduate
I am a husband
I am a father
I am a citizen of the United States of America
These statements help to best describe who I believe that I am.
Like I have mentioned before, I want to vote. I want to take part of the process that is one of the reasons our country is so great. I believe in the ideals of civic responsibility, and for each citizen to do their part in being thus civically responsible. I also believe strongly that the wickedness of the people we be apparent by the leaders that we elect.
Do I think that McCain is the best candidate for president? The answer really has to be, No. However, do I believe that he is a lesser evil then Obama? Very much YES. I must look at the political fervor of our country within the framework of my own personal biases, guidelines, and spiritual understandings. There are a few certain items of great importance to me, that are so strongly a part of who I am, and what I believe, that I can not just ignore them. Mr. McCain is the candidate that the Republican Party has chosen as its representative in this election. Though he does not fulfill in my mind, all of the important topics, he does come the closest, and far surpasses Mr. Obama. I believe that this country was based on Judeo-Christian values, and no matter how loud the ACLU yells, they cannot be allowed to change that. As far as I know McCain comes closer to my ideals in terms of abortion, welfare, resource independence, and the propagation of a free, democratic, capitalist democracy of a society. I must be honest is saying that the economy, though in crisis is not best answered by either of the candidates. I have a difficult time in weeding through the garbage of tax breaks, tax hikes who is going to promise what. Neither candidate can promise to rescue and save us from all of our problems. (I really cannot understand how a simple concept of a flat tax rate could not be a viable idea). Remove the IRS, make it the same for all of us. Give us all the responsibility to provide for our countries needs. I do not believe that a person should pay more taxes because they make more money. At the same time a person who does not work, and has not ambition to succeed has all of their needs met by the government. How does that work.?
I am a Christian-I believe that is this “One Country Under God”, Not a Country separated from God.
I am a Caucasian- I ask for nothing special, and offer nothing special for my race or yours.
I am the son of an Arabic Immigrant and refugee-I have no hatred for other countries, but I am tired of their hatred of us, and our perceived prosperity. McCain said it very well. Why are we still paying money to countries who hate us. Do school children pay for friends, do they pay for enemies? Why do we.
I am a public educator- I believe in education. I believe that our country needs to stop asking about the quality of teachers, and question the quality of the students, and their parents. Trust me, the quality of teaching will go up, if the income for teaching increases. But the quality of students can never change unless the quality of parenting improves. I do think that we need more accountability in education, from all parties.
I am a college graduate-Nobody gave that to me, I took it. I worked hard for it, and am proud of it.
I am a husband and a father-The two most important aspects of who I am. All that I do, and all that I believe revolve around what I want for my family. I want a country that is great, I want to be great for my Country, and I want that greatness to extend to my family and our role as citizens.
I am a Citizen of the United States of America- I believe in God, and I believe that this is a blessed country when the people are being righteous. (Sorry Mr. Wright, it is not up to you to send God to damn our country)
I believe that our founding fathers created a great system of government that far surpasses other countries, and cringe at the thought that we need to look to France, England, Germany, or any other place and wish we were more like them. No thank You Mr. Obama, I think we are great. I am sorry that you do not. I do not apologize for my beliefs.
I believe that the definition of wisdom is , TIME + EXPERIENCE.
I believe that Obama keeps talking about change, and that my feeling is his definition of change means changing the basic premise of our great country, and the Constitution that we hold dear. (after all he has never really said what he means by change).
God Bless America, Land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her.

2 comments:

A & M Ras said...

Those were some great words. I am speechless!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You've got some strong feelings there. It's too bad Melissa and I don't live on the "right" side of 4200 West so we could be in the ward with all of you cool people. We'll miss you as activities chairman, but we will soldier on. Good luck in the EQ Presidency in the Cross Hollow Ward - ha ha! Don't take this the wrong way, but my name is spelled R-E-U-B-E-N. It's fun seeing the creative ways people spell my name.

a presto

--Reuben