Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh what a country

With election day coming in only a matter of hours, I find myself continually thinking about this country, the state of the people, and the candidates. Interestingly I keep coming back to Mr. Obama. I have made a few comments in regards to my thoughts on Mr. Obama. I have yet to hide my feelings in regards to the direction that I feel our country is moving in, and the proof that is easily available to any one with eyes to see. I have all but resigned myself with the fact that Mr. Obama may well be our next president. That is okay. I am not going to threaten to leave the country because I did not get what I want. I love this country to much to do that. However I think that the popularity of Mr. Obama shows the sad state of affairs that "We The People" are now in. In the Book of Mormon it was stated clearly that wicked people desire wicked government. When the people were wicked, they begged for a King, to come and save them. We get what we deserve.
Really at this point I have only two main thoughts in regards to Mr. Obama.
#1. After hearing it on a news blurb and really thinking about it. I really do not think that Obama would be able to be hired by our own FBI. A close friend of mine applied for the FBI recently. A part of his application process were interviews with close friends who have known him for a certain amount of time, having contact with him for more then five years. My wife and I were interviewed with intensity. Could Obama with his associates who have proven time and time again to not of the best character, be hired by the FBI. I really don't believe so. For that matter, I wonder if some of his associates could even pass a background check to become school teachers.
#2. Many years ago, an American stood and fought for certain rights. He is considered by some to be a great historical figure. He stated, "I have a dream... that someday my four children will be judged not by their color of their skin, but by the content of their character". This sounds pretty simple enough to me. Well Mr. Obama, where I come from, and the line of work that I do, the character of a man is judged by the company he keeps. The last time I checked the phrase, guilt by association still meant something. If you are in association with criminals, radicals, socialists, and make and keep them as close friends, confidants, and spiritual leaders, well in my world that makes you one of them. Stop hiding who you are behind the media. Stand up and be proud of yourself. Shout it from the rooftops. You see, the American people won't care as long as you promise them a life of continued welfare, and handouts, and a government who coddles its people. That is what they really want, or at least through their learned helplessness brought on by the liberal ideals, that is what they think that they need. Liberal agenda=crack. Give them just a little of what they want, and keep them coming back for more, and more, and never give them a way out. I Have to stop and wonder, just how many people are voting for Obama, just because he is black, and by golly it is long overdue and about time we had a black president. Sorry Mr. King, the color of a man's skin is still all that is important in the eyes of America. After 50+ plus years we still cant get it right, and judge the man by the content of his character. Sadly, probably because there is nothing there to stand in judgment.

2 comments:

Rae said...

I'm in the same boat.

But what are your thoughts on McCain? Are you pretty excited to vote for him? And what of Palin? I want to hear your thoughts!

Mama Sue said...

This has nothing to do with your post but where did you get the quote you use on your top pic? Do you know who made the statement? I really like it and find it quite inspiring. Would you mind if I used it?