Disenfranchisement
In our nations history is a valuable lesson on civil rights. One of the basic and fundamental rights that were fought for, was simply the right to vote. Black people in America were not allowed to vote. Protests were held, marches were held, voter registrations, from door to door, people were hurt, people were killed. All in the name of civil rights, and the chance at participating in the election process, and feeling truly a part of this great county. Of the people, for the people, by the people. That is what makes this country great. Or at least should. Now we find ourselves in a sad state of affairs. I for one feel left out of the process. Almost as if there is nothing I can do, my voice is not heard, I have no part. We have congress and the senate, plotting to steal our money by way of taxes. We have an election that is put in the hands of groups, media, special interests. In none of what I see today do I see the basic principals of a government that was created to serve the people. Now all I see is a government put in place to provide for the suspension of basic rights, the reallocation of the peoples money without their consent or wish, and a plan to keep people enslaved under the guise of entitlement and learned helplessness. Where is my voice. Let him who has eyes, see, let him who has ears, hear. Disenfranchisement is being separated from the process that makes us free. We the people are losing our freedom quickly. We have put our trust in the hand of man, and man has failed us. Where is my voice? I have only a whisper.
3 comments:
Amen. You said it very well. These are sad times.
Hi Sam. How's it going. So glad you found our blog and we can check up on each other. Cute family.
Jacob
I so agree with you. I will say though I really feel like Palin is trying to bring it back to us. She is so normal. It will be an interesting month for sure.
Post a Comment