Monday, February 14, 2011

Even though I don't quite like the day

I have made my dislike for valentines day quite a public opinion. I get accused of saying things just for the response, and I must admit, I do like the strange looks that often follow when such a statement is made by a beloved day. The truth is, I really don't like Valentines day. I don't like the commercials that have been playing for some time now, making all men look stupid, and basing "love" off of whatever it is we might be able to purchase for a women. Even on the radio, there are stories and ads for men to hurry up and get in before it is too late, or order now, to get it there one time. We hear, "come on men, don't be the only one to forget". I really am not a fan. There are far too many things in our media that are focusing on making men look stupid, like blubbering idiots. Even as I sit here right now writing this, Jay Leno comes on, and his first joke is about guys forgetting Valentines day. I am not a fan of it at all. Yet I know, those funny looks I get, are more for sympathy for my wife. My poor wife whose husband does not like Valentines day, so therefor he must not love his wife. Well, ask her. I am hoping she would be the first to tell you, I love her everyday, not just on Feb. 14th. Then there is the money part. I have been accused of being cheap. Well, Guess what. I am cheap. I have a friend who complains all the time about not having money, saying how little they have in their account, then saw as her husband brings in a dozen roses. Just not practical. So to my wonderful, beautiful wife, whom I do love. I will buy you flowers on any other day, when they are not double the price. That my dear, is how much I love you. So much, that I will try to be a bit more frugal. So on this day, that is supposed to be about love, I will tell you the same thing I tell you every day. I love you. Not just today, but forever. I love you, not just the price of a flower, or a box of chocolates, but I love you so much, that I will refrain from buying you more stuff, that you don't need or want. I love you so much that I will enjoy a night with you, and our great kids just being near you. I even love you so much, that I will wash the dishes, help with homework, put the girl child to sleep, and let you rest just a bit. But most of all, I love you, as much as I hate valentines day, I love you even more. Not just for one day, but yes, forever.

1 comment:

Rae said...

AWESOME. This sums up perfectly how I feel about Valentine's Day!