Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More and more Housework

As it should be, it is one thing, then another. This is, what I asked for. My wife reminds me daily. She says, "you are the one who wanted to do this stuff". She's right, I am. The only hard part are those days, when all of the work to be done seems so overwhelming. I made a list, and have checked a few off. The items left far outnumber the ones that are done. I moved some rocks, and pulled some weeds, and felt like that story of the man who threw the starfishes back, you know that story with the millions of starfish lining the beach, dying. So that is how I feel most every day, except one huge exception. In the story, his actions made a difference to each individual starfish. In my story, there is no entity in which to make a difference. I guarantee the weeds don't care. Our home is coming along though. Every day is one more project down. As of right now, I have a half finished painted bathroom, and a few fixtures left to be put back up. Like I said, we are getting there.
......
Today has been one of those days. Things actually went well at work.
......
The realization of missing certain friends at work did hit with a bang. Somehow it is just not the same.
.....
Read some interesting articles in the news today. Getting really tired of the Utah "Mormon" bashing. It gets kind of old.
.......
More to come. I have just one little problem. Every day I think of something that I want to write, I need to write, but the frustration overcomes me, and I struggle to want to let that voice out. I miss taking pictures. soon, very soon.

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Ah...Joel has done the same thing.

He SAID he couldn't wait to paint stuff for me and so on. Hasn't done it, although he's promised the kitchen will be painted this Saturday. I painted the bathroom by myself.

Rae said...

Yes, please--I miss your words and your photos. We miss you guys.

Adams said...

Wow, Sam....you need to get something out! Looks like people are listening so what is stopping you?

Adams said...

Come on....you know you want to!