Tuesday, January 20, 2009

finally finished-pictures to come



For Christmas, I wanted to make a bed for Mandy. We had a nice bed frame with our old Queen size bed, but when we bought the new king mattress, we did not have the money to buy a bed frame with it. I should interject, that I have never really built anything before. Not like this. It was a daunting project, but for some reason I have in my head that I can do anything, or build anything. I think, I don't need a pattern, I can just make it up. Well that is what I did. BUT, it was hard, and difficult, and well I ran out of time(the baby coming two days earlier then I had planned did not help).But today. with some major hiccups, I finished it. By major hiccups, I mean some things that I will need to fix, but it is put together, without the use of duct tape. I am just hoping that it will make it through the first night of sleeping. I can always fix it later. Looking at it now, I am pretty excited that it turned out as well as it did. I think it looks great, and I think Mandy likes it. All worth it.

3 comments:

Chad said...

Seriously, you have all kinds of time to text me and talk shi...stuff on how bad SLC sucks but you cant update your blog... Honestly man, people want to know about your little secret, you know the one, go on make it public....

If you dont I will and what I make up will be SO much better than the real thing

Jamie said...

Sam, Sam, Sam...how in the world are you? Looks like you're as busy as we are! Is Mandy surviving 3? Any tips? My babe is a week old and I'm not sure I'm in for this ride...the baby is great...it's my "2-year-old" Heaven help us!! Your kids are so adorable! tell Mandy hi for me!

Chad said...

Yea, still have not gotten back to you.... I suck