Well we all know that My wonderful wife is allergic to chicken, right. Yeah, so I happen to really enjoy eating chicken, and would do so on a daily basis if I could, and almost did while I was in college. Knowing that, it goes without saying that when I cook chicken at our house it is a pretty dangerous and quite scary endeavor. Last week while spending time in Las Vegas with my brother, he and I sat down for some close bonding time, (this means watching T.V.). We were watching the food network and Alden was doing Good Eats by cooking home made fried chicken from scratch and by using a whole fryer chicken. I decided that it would be fun to try to make the chicken. Can I just say labor intensive, but so much fun. I started last night by soaking the chicken and ended the adventure tonight by cooking it in our new cast iron skillet. Mandy had this look of fear in her eyes the entire time, for good reason. I tried really hard to be as safe as I could without contaminating the entire kitchen, but that proved hard to do. I think, and more importantly Zack thinks that the whole event was a success. The hardest part was having Zack not be able to touch his mother after eating dinner. I had to rush him to the sink for a good old hand washing.. Did I mention that the whole thing was pretty labor intensive.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Fried Chicken, thats right Chicken
Well we all know that My wonderful wife is allergic to chicken, right. Yeah, so I happen to really enjoy eating chicken, and would do so on a daily basis if I could, and almost did while I was in college. Knowing that, it goes without saying that when I cook chicken at our house it is a pretty dangerous and quite scary endeavor. Last week while spending time in Las Vegas with my brother, he and I sat down for some close bonding time, (this means watching T.V.). We were watching the food network and Alden was doing Good Eats by cooking home made fried chicken from scratch and by using a whole fryer chicken. I decided that it would be fun to try to make the chicken. Can I just say labor intensive, but so much fun. I started last night by soaking the chicken and ended the adventure tonight by cooking it in our new cast iron skillet. Mandy had this look of fear in her eyes the entire time, for good reason. I tried really hard to be as safe as I could without contaminating the entire kitchen, but that proved hard to do. I think, and more importantly Zack thinks that the whole event was a success. The hardest part was having Zack not be able to touch his mother after eating dinner. I had to rush him to the sink for a good old hand washing.. Did I mention that the whole thing was pretty labor intensive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Scary yes, but fun to watch. And all the boys loved it!!! And now there is cold fried chicken in the fridge. And when I just reminded Zack about the chicken, he jumped up and down and got so excited for lunch. That makes it all worth it!!
That looks delicious!! And I love that Food Network show.
Thank you for sharing the leftovers. Zoie really loved it--I was sort of surprised. It was nice to have dinner made for me. :)
Post a Comment